Thanks to your hard work and dedication toward achieving our performance funding metrics, I am pleased to announce that the University has made a 13-point improvement over last year’s score.
Announced yesterday during the Board of Governors meeting, this achievement ranks us among the top eight schools and makes us eligible to receive funding from a $500 million pot of state resources. The results are a testament to our legacy of resilience. We know that no matter what challenges come our way, we always rise to the occasion. And there’s more good news.
The University received marks of excellence in the following categories:
- Percent of graduates employed full-time or continuing their education
- Bachelor’s degrees awarded within programs of strategic emphasis (includes STEM)
- University access rate (percent of undergraduates with a Pell Grant)
- Percent of funding from external resources (research and development expenditures)
The University received improvement ratings in the following areas:
- Median wages of bachelor’s graduates employed full-time in Florida
- Academic progress rate (second-year retention with GPA above 2.0)
- Graduate degrees awarded within programs of strategic emphasis
The improvements shown in our 2014-2015 performance results are a reflection of the FAMU community unifying to ensure progression in our student success efforts. In achieving our goals for 2014-2015, all hands were truly on deck, from students, faculty, and staff to our trustees, alumni, and supporters. We are surely headed in the right direction, thanks to your commitment.
Let’s keep the momentum going as we aim for even greater success for our 2015-2016 results! Together the possibilities are endless as we endeavor to move FAMU Forward. Congratulations Rattlers!
With Rattler Pride,
Elmira Mangum, Ph.D., President