The Florida Division of Emergency Management (DEM) has contracted a private firm, Curative, Inc. to conduct operations at the Florida A&M University Bragg Memorial Stadium COVID-19 Testing Site.
On October 12, Curative, launched the deployment of free, rapid COVID-19 antigen testing for the FAMU community and the public. The Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card is a rapid COVID-19 antigen test that provides results within 15 minutes. Curative will provide the staffing, logistics, and resulting software to support broad access to COVID-19 testing across Florida.
The site remains open with modified hours 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Curative Inc. was founded in January 2020 with the initial aim of developing a new test for sepsis. The California-based company pivoted to COVID-19 testing in early March 2020 as supply chains became strained and the need for a new testing process arose.
As part of the agreement:
- Curative will supply 700 rapid COVID-19 antigen tests per day between 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- The rapid COVID-19 antigen test sample is collected by a healthcare worker who will gently swab the inside of a patient’s nostrils. This collection process is quick, easy, and comfortable.
- Testing is free and open to the public. Appointments and walk-ups are accepted. Physician referral or insurance is not required.
- Patients receive their rapid COVID-19 antigen results within one hour of testing by email or SMS text. The Florida Department of Health receives all patient results and will contact patients with positive results.
- Patients who receive a negative result from the rapid COVID-19 antigen test, but are suspected to be COVID-19 positive, are eligible for additional screening through Curative’s RT-PCR molecular test.
- The Curative RT-PCR molecular COVID-19 test is a self-collected, painless, oral fluid test swab that provides patient results within 48 hours.
- For inquiries about their results, patients can contact the Curative support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and 888-702-9042.
To sign up for testing go to: https://curative.com