Florida A&M University has partnered with the National Association of African American Studies & Affiliates (NAAAS) to host the International Research Forum on October 23-25, 2017. The forum is structured to bring American and international scholars together to present research in a public forum. The event encourages faculty, students, administrators and the community to interact with international scholars.
Two page abstracts for presenters are being accepted through Oct. 6.
FAMU will receive the following benefits:
- Recognition for hosting an international research forum on campus;
- Opportunity for faculty from FAMU to receive priority selection to participate in an international forum (China, Mexico, Nigeria) that is sponsored by NAAAS;
- Opportunity for faculty members to have their research published in the international forum monograph (prepared on CD);
- Opportunity for faculty to interact with international scholars, share information, and explore avenues to improve global studies in the classroom;
- Opportunity for university students to participate in the NAAAS Global Academic/Cultural Enrichment Program in China (Student applicants from the host campus receive a ten percent (10%) cost of travel discount);
- Opportunity for university students from the host institution to receive a ten percent (10%) registration discount if he/she attends the organization’s national conference.
Fees associated with the forum are as follows: Faculty/Professional: $200; Full-Time Students:$125.
Please find the attached flyer for more information or you may click on the following link: [https://www.naaas.org%20]https://www.naaas.org.
Each person who submits an abstract will receive an acceptance letter with the date/time of the presentation. The conference packet will include:
- Letter of acceptance
- Conference registration form
- Conference hotel reservation form (international participants)
- Directions related to preparing research for publication
- Other information associated with national and international events
Conference participants will be able to register online or by forwarding the registration form via email to: email@example.com.
Persons who do not pre-register must acknowledge that they will be attending the conference and must register on-site. The conference program will only post the name of persons who pre-register or who make arrangements for payment.
Florida A&M University Career and Professional Development Center presents
Jump-Starting Your Career – College Suit-Up Event
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 10 p..
1500 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32301
For more information, call Arnita Tucker-McFarland at (850) 599-3044.