Richard “Rick” Givens will retire from his duties in January 2019. The announcement was made recently to the FAMU Board of Trustees. Givens arrived at FAMU in 2012. The soft-spoken certified public accountant from Tallahassee, served as the interim audit leader prior to assuming the top job.
“I’ve enjoyed my time at FAMU over the last seven years,” Givens said. “The hardest part of leaving is I’ve developed some positive relationships here. I grew personally and professionally but want to spend more time with my family and my grandchildren.”
Givens led the office that monitors audits and compliance for the University. Prior to coming to FAMU, Givens worked for the state of Florida Auditor General’s Office.
Here’s a list of other FAMU Employees who are retiring in December:
- Sandra Barnhart, Student Affairs
- Mattie Dixon, Finance and Administration
- Michael A. James, Information Technology Services
- Elsa Muniz, Student Affairs
- Linda Scott, Academic Affairs
- Barbara Thompson, Academic Affairs