Florida A&M University (FAMU) launched a new, redesigned website, FAMU.edu, this week aimed at engaging prospective students while serving the needs of current students, faculty and staff, alumni and other stakeholders.
“The new website provides a window for potential students, parents and the world to experience the great things happening at FAMU every day. We want the website to be an interface for those who want to engage with us as students, faculty or staff and those who wish to invest in the future of this institution,” said President Larry Robinson, Ph.D.
The redesign of famu.edu was unveiled as the University gears up for an influx of visitors to campus for home football games, Parents and Family Weekend and Homecoming 2021, scheduled for Oct. 23-30.
FAMU is also basking in the afterglow of moving up 13 places to No. 104 on the U.S. News & World Report ranking of top public schools and remaining the highest-ranked public Historically Black College and University (HBCU) for the third consecutive year.
FAMU Chief Information Officer Robert Seniors said the new website’s goal is to more closely connect people to the University.
“This website brings the FAMU experience to life through FAMU.edu,” Seniors said.
“The new website reflects the digital transformation that is occurring at FAMU geared toward providing a world-class, connected, online experience for prospective students,
alumni, friends, and all constituents.”
What’s different about the new site?
- The website features a bold new design and information architecture that helps users get the information they need.
- Prospective students and academics are the main objectives. Each college and school has a listing of all of the degree programs they offer on the front pages of their website.
- Academic programs, requirements, etc., are available to help students make FAMU their choice. Soon the site will have a searchable degree program listing that can be sorted and filtered by college, school, and even campus location.
What are some of the highlights?
- Emphasis on our academic programs and academic information that’s accessible right from the front page of the website.
- Emphasis on our world-class research and research initiatives
- Student-centered approach to our website
What are some of the special features?
- You can apply, give, or schedule a visit from any page from the floating button in the lower right corner of the website
- Filterable, searchable, dynamic faculty & staff directory with profiles and information
- Innovative, non-traditional design with the navigation and menu
- Innovative breadcrumb navigation
- Much of the website has a nice, animated feel -some subtle fades, slide-ins, etc.
For questions and concerns/corrections, contact webmaster Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org.