Campus dining facilities on weekend schedule
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, September 29, 2022, Update
- The satellite campuses in Central Florida and Jacksonville are reporting no substantial damage to their facilities from Hurricane Ian.
- The Human Resources Office has distributed a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) for employees who might have work-related questions during the closure.
- The Florida A&M University Athletics Department continues with preparations for Saturday’s home football game against Mississippi Valley State University. Kickoff is at 6 p.m.
- The University is scheduled to return to normal operations on Monday.
FAMU 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 28 Hurricane Ian Update
The Florida A&M University Emergency Management Committee continues to meet and provide updates ahead of the approaching tropical weather system.
Due to the easterly track of Hurricane Ian, the University will not open an on-campus shelter.
Additionally, Residence Dining Hall (Top Café) and The Hub will remain open for normal hours on Wednesday and operate on a weekend schedule on Thursday and Friday.
Residence Dining Hall (Top Cafe’)
Brunch 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
lite lunch 2 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Dinner 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, same as the Top Cafe‘
Friday 10 a.m.-2 p.m., closed for dinner
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Wing Stop and Tropical Smoothie open Sunday 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
All other Food Court Restaurants – Pizza Express, Starbucks Kiosk, and Chopping Block- the President’s Dining Room, Chick-Fil-A, Rattler’s Nest, and Starbucks are closed.
- The Venom Shuttle Service will operate on a weekend schedule.
- Due to Hurricane Ian, Florida A&M University has canceled classes at the Tallahassee campus from Tuesday, Sept. 27 through Friday, Sept. 30. Campus operations will remain open on Tuesday and Wednesday but will be closed on Thursday and Friday. Staff is expected to report to work on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Quincy facility and the Viticulture Center will follow the Tallahassee campus schedule.
- Parents and Family Weekend has been rescheduled to November 4-6, 2022. All registered participants may contact the Office of Student Activities at 850.599.3400 or via email at email@example.com
- The Annual Fall Preview has been postponed until further notice.
- Bragg Memorial Stadium Parking lot will be used as a staging area for Emergency Management equipment.
FAMU DRS will be closed Wednesday, September 28, through Friday, September 30. During that time, all extracurricular activities are suspended. All district and school operations will be suspended during this time.
FAMU Football game versus Mississippi Valley State University remains scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday. The Women’s Volleyball match versus North Florida has been postponed.
Child Development Center
The Educational Research Center for Child Development (ERCCD) will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Classes are canceled Tuesday through Friday at the Durell Peaden Jr. Rural Pharmacy Education Center in Crestview. The campus is closed for operations Thursday and Friday. All students on pharmacy practice rotations are excused during the closure.
- At the College of Law in Orlando, classes are canceled Wednesday through Friday. Operations are closed Wednesday through Friday.
- The College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Central Florida Pharmacy Practice Tampa/Orlando sites will be closed Tuesday through Friday. All students on pharmacy practice rotations are excused during the closure.
- The Brooksville Agricultural and Environmental Research Station (BAERS) will close Tuesday through Friday.
- The Northeast Florida Pharmacy Practice Center will close at the end of business Tuesday and reopen on Monday. All students on pharmacy practice rotations are excused during the closure.
- The South Florida Pharmacy Practice Center in Davie will be closed Wednesday through Friday, reopening on Monday. All students on pharmacy practice rotations are excused during the closure.